Monday, October 26, 2009

Dreams

I just realized something for the first time. I've thought about it before, but it didn't really hit me until just now - nearly a year after the actual event took place.

The realization came because of something I watched. I've been bumming around because I've been sad so I'm allowed to watch sappy old favorites like the thing I just watched - Felicity.

When it first aired I loved that show (and must admit unlike other things that I've revisited - I still love it). Mostly what I remembered about watching it was the love stories and the coming of age journey that Felicity went through.

What I had forgotten is this: When I watched that show it didn't just pull at my heart strings because I felt like I could relate to some things she was going through, it pulled at my heart in general. I wanted to be her - I wanted to go to NYU and most of all I wanted to live in NY. That desire burned in me when I was a girl as much as one pines for love from another they haven't yet experienced being with.

This city can be tough, yes. But with all of its ups and downs and the numerous life experiences (and trials) I've had while living here - it is still the city I love.

I've moved to NY! And if nothing else I can be happy about this one thing today. I guess until I'd lived here for a while it was like a dream. I didn't really believe it could be true, like something horrible was going to happen to pull me away at any moment. Now it has almost been a year and I'm still here - still loving it.

One life goal down, looking forward to achieving some other ones.

5 comments:

  1. Rock on Beautiful! The world would be a better place if more of us actually went out and lived our dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and Paris was your number one place you wanted to go and you went many time. You wanted a career and got one in 6 weeks. You wanted to fly and you do. You wanted a place in NY and got one and then wanted another and go that and another and got that and on and on. More than mnay people manage to manifest! You are a great creator of your dreams. Dream on my love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, give yourself a break, you've only been on your own for a year. Really, in your life, you've been on your own total how long? You're doin ok and you have what it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both so much. It really means a lot to me that I have such supportive and loving parents. I miss you both and can't wait to see you in November.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete