Thursday, October 29, 2009

History

We all have it. Some of us run away from it, some of us deal with it, some of us sift through it and so on and so on.

Today I'm returning to Atlanta for the first time since I left my husband almost two years ago. Ironically I'm returning for my friend's wedding.

Mostly I am excited to see her and to see another friend of mine. However there is a part of me that is a bit apprehensive about returning to the city I all but vowed never to return to.

In thinking about how I might deal with this trip (though I'm fairly certain that as much as one tries to prepare for something like this, one can never really know what emotions and feelings await them upon arrival) it occurred to me that actually I think of him more when I return to Chapel Hill and Durham that I do when I think of Atlanta.

In short - here's hoping that this weekend is a fantastic reunion of friends and celebration of a very special day. Oh and that I capture the best images of a wedding to date :)

I'll let you know how it went and post pics when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment