Thursday, March 5, 2009

Xmas and First Trip to Paris

11 hours at JFK to get a flight back to NC - that is how much I missed my family and friends :)
Though the lines were amazing and the airport crowded with disgruntled passengers - it was totally worth being able to visit home again for a few days.

Mom arrived at the airport with sweet Natalie curled up in her lap. Perfect...
Baking the traditional family cookies with mom, visiting friends at the OCSC, bar hoping with my girlfriend Danielle - it was all just what I needed.

Here are some pics from the mellow holiday spent with friends and family that I missed and still do miss a ton -


These are two ornaments I made as a kid. Gotta say, I still love em...


Between getting to see my Dad, selling my truck and honestly spending one of the most mellow holidays I've had with my wonderful Mother - it was a fantastic Xmas.

Then I came back to NYC and moved into another crash pad - the last was a drama filled mess - and prepared for my first flight to Paris.

The flight itself was a bit crazy as I wasn't really prepared for the whirlwind of activity that happened when we boarded the plane. After the passengers arrived everyone rushed off to the galleys to make the magical service appear. Really what they can do with a two foot by two foot working space and some trolleys is incredible! I watched and tried to take it all in while learning how to carry a silver tray with champagne at 30,000 with turbulance and not spill it - all at the same time.

The details would bore, but lets just say that Airline attendants make minor miracles happen every day when they really do their thing. I'm amazed and so glad I have another flight or two to figure a few more things out before I have to do it on my own.

We arrived in Paris and after a shower and a quick sleep, I was off. Nothing, not even a long working flight was going to keep me away from the city I love so much.

Here is the fruit of my day in Paris.



So there is more to this story, but I gotta run out to New Years Eve...

xoxo to everyone

Ok so picking up where I left off.

After wandering around the hot spots - the corners of districts that really stuck with me each time I've visited this beautiful city - I needed something warm to bring the feeling back into my pink finger tips.

The blue lights of a small pub tucked down an alley way caught my eye and I was off. The bartendress was very sweet - Scotish with curley blonde hair and a warm smile. She and I chatted about the weather, football (soccer for us Americans), and what we liked about France, and England. Couldn't give my two cents on Scotland yet as I've not been there :)

She was so nice that after a bit she suggested that I come around the back of the bar and let someone take our photo. As she placed the Santa hat on my head we took up the girly hug pose for the shot and this is what turned out:


After a while I said my goodbyes at the bar and newly warmed, made my way back to Invalides to catch the bus back to Orly Ouest Terminal.

Just a day in Paris - but like the wonderful chocolates at Fuchon - a small bite goes a long way to making one very, very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment